Monday 4 July 2016

It's ok to have a bad day


Yesterday wasn't one of my best day, I felt so low and lonely and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get myself out of feeling so low. I just ended up just spending all day in my bed crying and not eating or drinking properly. To make it worse I also felt so weak and like I had failed for feeling this way. I had been making so much progress lately and feeling so good that to have this kind of day made me feel like I had failed and gone back to the start, when in fact that was not the case at all. Today is a whole new different day and it's one of the best days I have had in a long time I manged to get out of bed, workout, take my dog for a long walk, and have a little chat with a few of my friends plus I am here writing this blog and I have been eating healthy meals and getting enough water into my body. I also did something to day that is a very big deal to me and made me so so proud of myself ( maybe we will go into that one day in the future). After having such an amazing successful day I realized that yesterday didn't mean I was weak or failing or taking a step back it just simply meant I was human. Today I have been stronger than ever and and carried on taking steps forward. I now know that next time I have a bad day, which I will because I am only human, not to be so harsh on myself and know that it's ok to feel that way, to cry, to not want to get out of bed and it doesn't mean that I am a weak person. I also know that it isn't going to last for ever and I will get back on track in my own time at my own pace and for now I just need to look after myself and be kind to myself. Life is full of ups and downs It doesn't mean that you are weak or anything like that it means that you are human and living. So here is my message to you if you're having a bad day, it's ok! go cry as much as you need go lay in bed and watch Netflix all day if you have to just don't feel ashamed or guiltily for feeling this way, it is only natural. Look after yourself and be kind to yourself. it's ok to have a bad day just don't unpack and live there, cry it out, take the time out you need, then refocus. When I was having a bad day I did talk to some friends ( something I advise to everyone is  to reach out to loved ones) and one thing one of them said really helped and It's something I will remember for the rest of my life "it's temporary, ride it out".


You're not alone guys! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment